Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Graduation

I got my annoucements yesterday! SO exciting. Each little piece of the puzzle is starting to come together and with each little moment I start to realize more and more that this thing is real! Am I really graduating soon?! Yes! Sometimes I can't believe it.

I have less than two months left! I will be doing my senior practicum on the night shift up at OSHU in Pediatrics. I'm not sure how I will handle night shift yet..we will see. My first night is tomorrow night.

NCLEX! It's getting closer. I registered with PearsonVue, the company that you take the exam through. I have applied for licensure in the state of Utah.

NSNA Convention! The annual convention for the National Student Nurses' Association is coming up! April 15-19th and Nashville! And I'm going! I'm a chosen representative for Linfield along with 5 other students. I will also be a delegate and sit in the House of Delegates where we make decisions on what NSNA should or should not support an elect new officers for the upcoming year! So exciting!

The week after the convention I will be heading to Salt Lake City for an interview at the University Hospital for their Critical Care Internship. I got some bad news the other day from Intermountain HealthCare which owns a large majority of the healthcare operations in Salt Lake...they are not hiring anyone for their nurse residency program in June unless they are already employed in the system. SO, that means, I can't even start work until August at the soonest in Primary Children's or anywhere else in the system if I don't get this job I'm interviewing for in April. It puts a little bit more pressure on me :(

That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally picture you being such a cute little nurse! I am so excited for you. Can I come to your graduation? Is that aloud? Ohhh it's probably on a busy work saturday. Anyway I'm so proud of you and miss you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete