Friday, April 24, 2009

No deal for the Critical Care Internship

I had my interview this morning for the Critical Care Intership at the University Hospital in Salt Lake. I felt I looked and did my best, but I found out this afternoon that I didn't get a position. They chose 12 people out of the 30 that interviewed...

I'm not sure exactly why I didn't get chosen but I could tell it was competitive. However, I have to look at the positive side since it is now out of my control and I can't say I have regrets.
There won't be so much pressure for my NCLEX, which will be good. Even though I'm not that worried about passing, it's the extra pressure that I can do without. Second, the timeline for moving is more flexible now, and with Jeromie already having a job in Salt Lake, it is not the end of the world that I haven't found mine yet.

I hope there is a better opportunity waiting for me. I think there will be.

The hardest part about this is not knowing what will happen next, or where to go from here. In the event that something happened to my grandpa, I may reconsider moving to Utah. However, I already applied for licensure in the state, and can only be licensed in one state at a time. I will wait a while to decide what to do. I am still planning on moving, but I guess the door is no longer closed off for the possibility of staying in Portland. However...regardless, I'm behind on job hunting and housing searches if I end up not moving. I've been so focused on finding things in Salt Lake.

The best thing I can do is try to keep looking in a job in Utah for now, since within Portland the opportunities are so minimal....I'd likely have to end up in some small outskirt town in Oregon which I'm not exactly dreaming of at night.

Back to school for now and I have a lot of things to consider. I'm allowing myself to be bummed out for the rest of the day and move on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment